albertbahn.hu

Along the Rails

Interesting places

Re, Italy

Re is a small village at the Centovalli Railway, which streches beteen Locarno and Domodossola. Its huge basilica, the Santuario della Madonna del Sangue (Bleeding Madonna) is an important pilgrimage church.

latest additions

The locomotive Am 843 042 (type G 1700 BB) was delivered by Vossloh to SBB 3 months before the photo was taken.DB's ICE 1 meets SBB's Class Am 843 diesel loco.ICE 3 leaves for Germany.Gundeli-Passerelle
Advertising loco 460 024 "Zugkraft Aargau" departs with an IC. We have seen before the 034 with a similar livery at Zürich HB.Oberdorf Winkelweg station and the illuminated castle ruins of WaldenburgNight is falling on the Lutheran Church of Oberdorf and the small trains passing by.Night is falling on the Lutheran Church of Oberdorf and the small trains passing by.Motor car 12 has recently left the depot of Waldenburg in order to assist in the afternoon peak period.Motor car 12 has recently left the depot of Waldenburg in order to assist in the afternoon peak period.Motor car 17 arrives from Liestal.Motor car 14 has just departed with its both control cars to Liestal. Soon the unit 12 will be also put into circulation in the afternoon rush hour.Push-pull trains at the terminusPush-pull trains at the terminusOn the main street of Oberdorf the trains run  on a tram-like single-track section.Swiss tram dashes towards Rodersdorf on French territory.A Tango tram approaches Rodersdorf on the French-Swiss border.A Tango tram approaches Rodersdorf on the French-Swiss border.Trams crossing in Leymen station

Most viewed of the week

Between Lugano and Melide, the railway runs immediately on the bank of the Lake Lugano A push-pull train to Göschenen passes the viaduct and disappears in the 306 m long  Brüggwald tunnel.The Old Lady, the former BKVT's motor car no. 11 has arrived.History engraved in stone:
the Suvorov monument, erected in 1899The train to Göschenen departs from Andermatt station.Melide, seen from the top of Monte Generoso. After leaving the station, the train proceeds on the eastern bank of the lake.The inscription in the interior reads: "Established by Louis the Great, king of Hungary in 1352".The interior with the typical U-shaped seatsThe driver's cabs were placed above the bogies while the low-floor  passenger cabin is located between them.From the side are the 3 bogies and the central joint clearly visible. Latter enables vertical movements between the two halves.After Langwies station, the Allegra 3509 crosses the Plessur river with her 3 freight cars on the Langwies viaduct.The loco E.630 07...Here you can see, how two units form a train with a passable gangway (the driver's cabs can be folded away). The locomotive - which was once in service of MÁV as M61 010 - is being turned to the right track.Steam engine 275 034 on the turntableThe locomotive arrived on 21 April 2015 to Hungary, she has been in service at Kárpát Vasút since June.She wears her original DSB-number MY 1156 proudly, together with the colours of Danish State Railways.Waterfall near the Teufelsbrücke